About Springwood Bushwalking Club Inc
Springwood Bushwalking Club Incorporated (SBC) is a member of Bushwalking NSW. The club maintains around 250 members and operates mostly in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney.The two aims of the club are to :
- provide opportunities and training for people interested in the outdoors
- encourage the establishment, preservation, wise management and use of conservation reserves and parks
We undertake a variety of bushwalks from day walks to challenging multi-day wilderness adventures. Other activities include mountain bike rides, car camping and canyoning. We also offer training in navigation/map reading, bush skills and encourage members to undertake first aid training. There is usually a range of activities every weekend. Each activity is lead by a volunteer. Leaders submit activity ideas to the committee before they are published in the program. Our walks program is updated every two months and operates for three months with a rolling one month overlap. Members receive the program by email or it is mailed, or both. The program is listed on this website - see Walks. A separate listing in the members area of this website includes leaders contact details so that you can book in on a walk.
MEMBERSHIP OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
- Healthy outdoor exercise
- Increased awareness of the natural environment and knowledge of the Blue Mountains
- Increase your bush skills
- Make friends - meet interesting, friendly people
- Six activity programs per year - on average, 3-4 activities a week
- Access to the club library and equipment hire.
- Participation in training and skill building exercises
Springwood Bushwalking Club is committed to maintaining and protecting the environments we play in and we show respect for their intrinsic values. We have a minimal impact bushwalking policy and support environmental groups, particularly on local issues. We participate in Clean up Australia and LandCare related activities.